In preparation for the funeral ceremony, Imelda will listen to the family about the unique qualities of their loved one. She will tell the story portraying the persons life in words, poetry, prayers and song.
Imelda offers the following to the bereaved families:
- Meeting with the family
- Listening to the story of their loved one and then scripting it for the Mass or Ceremony
- Suggesting and organising the use of emblems or symbols of the persons life, to be part of the ceremony
- Coordinating with family and friends to part-take in the service
- Holding sacred space and meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary
- Liaising with the Funeral Director on behalf of the family
- Organising the funeral service with the Crematorium
- As a singer, Imelda can arrange the singing and music at the service
The ceremony can be officiated at the Funeral Home, the Family Home, Crematorium, outdoors in nature or a place of your choice.
Imelda is a Funeral Celebrant accredited by The Irish Institute of Celebrants, and is a member of the Irish Association of Funeral Directors.
Remember me when I am gone away
Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.
By Christina Rossetti (1830 - 1894)